We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Abbey Zero card application now available online

I was just searching around last night before making a call to Abbey, and they have an online application form. As the Abbey website was unavailable for a couple of hours yesterday, I guess they just upgraded the site and it's a new feature.

Here's a link directly to the Abbey Zero card page. Hopefully it works for you!

http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?cid=1210619162360&pagename=Abbey%2FGSProducto%2FGS_InfProducto

Not sure if they do referrals, but it could be worth a look Martin?

Good luck with your applications folks!

Comments

  • No!! Do it in the branch, the pba gets 15 points for credit card and a further 10 points if customer takes ppi.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ozsaver wrote: »
    I guess they just upgraded the site and it's a new feature.

    Here's a link directly to the Abbey Zero card page. Hopefully it works for you!

    http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?cid=1210619162360&pagename=Abbey%2FGSProducto%2FGS_InfProducto
    Do not use this link!

    If you apply via this link, and scroll down to the summary box link on the first application detail page you'll find that you're applying for the "Essentials" card, ie 9 months 0% BT for a 3% fee.

    I'm told the "Zero" is ONLY available in branch and by phone.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    whats PBA??
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    No!! Do it in the branch, the pba gets 15 points for credit card and a further 10 points if customer takes ppi.
    Oh for gods sake. Who cares? If online is more convenient then let the customer do it. And if you worked at abbey perhaps you can shed some more light on whether this is now available in branch only or whether they can apply from the convenience of their own home and at a time that suits them?
    clio wrote: »
    whats PBA??

    Personal banking advisor, or some tosh like that probably.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

    'I do my job, do you do yours?'

  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    cheers Kav sounds right..
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    I'm told the "Zero" is ONLY available in branch and by phone.


    Are you sure? Their site says:

    "And it´s easy to get the Zero Abbey Credit Card. You can apply online, visit your local Abbey branch or call 0800 389 9905."

    http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?c=GSProducto&cid=1210615795958&pagename=Abbey%2FGSProducto%2FGS_SubcategoriaP
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    jhp wrote: »
    Are you sure? Their site says:

    "And it´s easy to get the Zero Abbey Credit Card. You can apply online, visit your local Abbey branch or call 0800 389 9905."

    http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?c=GSProducto&cid=1210615795958&pagename=Abbey%2FGSProducto%2FGS_SubcategoriaP
    It does indeed look like they've revamped their website.

    But, as I said above, the summary box (and therefore the T&C's?) shown during the application process would indicate you're applying for the "Essentials" card. What if that's what they send you?...this is Abbey after all. :rolleyes:

    For the avoidance of doubt, I'd certainly be applying in branch (if I didn't already have one ;)). Anyone remember the horror stories of the online applications last year?
  • I can confirm the reports.

    I applied for the Zero Card via the online process and DID NOT receive an Abbey Zero card, they sent an 'organic' card instead. Although this was not made clear or highlighted at the time. Only became aware today when I saw the zero card actually has 'zero' written on the front.

    Having pointed out I applied for the Zero card as I make a lot of 'foreign currency' transactions so specifically applied for the ZERO card for this reason, was advised to go into a Branch and see if either it could be changed, or to apply separately (again) for a Zero card via the Branch.

    This has been the second call to Abbey. First one was to query why they were only taking out the 'minimum' by direct debt rather than the full outstanding sum as instructed, as this would result in interest charges (it wouldn't actually as there is an initial '0%' period with the card they sent). However if I hadn't called and it had been 'left' a nasty surprise could have been waiting down calander for me.

    Clearly they are making unilateral decisions without informaing the Client, aka 'well you asked for A but I'm actually going to give you B and furthermore will not tell you that either!". All smells a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.