We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
CC application - unemployed about to go traveling on working holiday
KrisD
Posts: 18 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hello everyone!
I am about to go on a working holiday visa for a year to Australia. I was considering applying for a credit card as added security whilst abroad. The problem is I am not working and due to travel in March. My question I suppose is, 'is there any credit cards that would consider my application as I am unemployed?' I checked my credit score with credit expert which is moderate, national average. I was surprised to find I was not on the electoral role so have sent off my registration. This should improve my score to good as opposed to moderate. I have a balance on a citi card of £350 and I am making the monthly payments and I am asking the FOS to get my charges back from them and hopefully close that account. Can anyone make any recommendations?
Thanks
I am about to go on a working holiday visa for a year to Australia. I was considering applying for a credit card as added security whilst abroad. The problem is I am not working and due to travel in March. My question I suppose is, 'is there any credit cards that would consider my application as I am unemployed?' I checked my credit score with credit expert which is moderate, national average. I was surprised to find I was not on the electoral role so have sent off my registration. This should improve my score to good as opposed to moderate. I have a balance on a citi card of £350 and I am making the monthly payments and I am asking the FOS to get my charges back from them and hopefully close that account. Can anyone make any recommendations?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Would you give someone credit based on the information you give?This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !0
-
Barclay card initial or capital one. Both will except you if you are unemployed. If you have an exsisting Barclays account you may be pre approved for platinum card also.0
-
Unemployed and about to leave the country.
I will lend you the money, how much do you want?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards