We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Halifax 0% - Extended?
Swans1912
Posts: 1,658 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi All..
I have a Halifax card that I used to pay for a MFI kitchen and planned on paying off the balance at the end of the 0%. I didn't get the kitchen and the transaction is still in dispute, the amount max'd out my card to within £35 of its limit.
Halifax have told me to expect the money back but I was thinking of also asking for and extension to the 0% - my point being that I haven't really been able to use it since November!
Anyone else tried something similar?
NOTE: I do expect Halifax to extend my 0% deal, just after your opinion and past experience on the matter.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Update 02/02/09:
Update and a RESULT!
Had a letter today from the Team Manager of Customer Services & Support. They have 'reset' my promo start date to the 29th Jan 2009 to "give you the full use of the ten months interest free period".
I am sooooo happy!
I have a Halifax card that I used to pay for a MFI kitchen and planned on paying off the balance at the end of the 0%. I didn't get the kitchen and the transaction is still in dispute, the amount max'd out my card to within £35 of its limit.
Halifax have told me to expect the money back but I was thinking of also asking for and extension to the 0% - my point being that I haven't really been able to use it since November!
Anyone else tried something similar?
NOTE: I do expect Halifax to extend my 0% deal, just after your opinion and past experience on the matter.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Update 02/02/09:
Update and a RESULT!
Had a letter today from the Team Manager of Customer Services & Support. They have 'reset' my promo start date to the 29th Jan 2009 to "give you the full use of the ten months interest free period".
I am sooooo happy!
0
Comments
-
I'd be suprised if halifax extend the offer in the current climate - after all they've probably been out of pocket for the full amount since Novemeber!0
-
its not really their fault mfi went bust, had mfi not gone bust then you would have used the interest free period,
always worth an ask though!0 -
Update and a RESULT!
Had a letter today from the Team Manager of Customer Services & Support. They have 'reset' my promo start date to the 29th Jan 2009 to "give you the full use of the ten months interest free period".
I am sooooo happy!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards