We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Prepaid credit card advice sought
easycome_easygo
Posts: 7 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi all.
Does anyone know if a prepaid credit card is offered where you can top-up by mobile phone? Most cards offer this where a credit/debit card is linked to a mobile number when purchasing the card, but I can't find one that offers top up by debiting the top-up amount from a PAYG phone or charging to a mobile monthly phone bill.
You can purchase a prepaid credit card by premium rate texting and the cost (£5-£10) is added to a monthly phone bill or deducted from a PAYG balance. Surely if you purchase the card and the cost of the card is charged and thus linked to that mobile would indicate that the mobile is yours and so any future transactions can be linked to that address/mobile .... or does this only make sense to me?
Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts offered on this matter
Does anyone know if a prepaid credit card is offered where you can top-up by mobile phone? Most cards offer this where a credit/debit card is linked to a mobile number when purchasing the card, but I can't find one that offers top up by debiting the top-up amount from a PAYG phone or charging to a mobile monthly phone bill.
You can purchase a prepaid credit card by premium rate texting and the cost (£5-£10) is added to a monthly phone bill or deducted from a PAYG balance. Surely if you purchase the card and the cost of the card is charged and thus linked to that mobile would indicate that the mobile is yours and so any future transactions can be linked to that address/mobile .... or does this only make sense to me?
Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts offered on this matter
0
Comments
-
It makes no sense to me.
Then again paying to spend my own money makes no sense to me either!0 -
easycome_easygo wrote: »or does this only make sense to me?
I'm guessing it does, yes.
You pay money to top up your phone, and you want to take that money back OFF your phone and onto a pre-pay credit card?0 -
The reason I'm doing this is I have a contract phone which gives me limited texts and calls. I have a payg phone which I top-up monthly and only use for texts. The money stays on there and when I go abroad, I take the payg phone so there are no unexpected bills when I get the monthly phone bill.
As I go abroad less frequently, I want to use the money that accrues on it for something else. With that in mind, I was hoping to use the money twice in effect, once to top-up and get my monthly allowance of texts and second to use it for a pre-paid card for daily use.
Hope this makes sense ....0 -
how would you be using it twice?
once you top up then surely you then have a balance on your phone, if you then transferred the balance to your card then you have it on your card.
You cant use the money twice!
Instead of trying to do this why don't you just not top up the phone, and put the money in the bank instead so that you don't need a card?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards