child maintenance

Options
mysuni
mysuni Posts: 237 Forumite
I will post a SOA tomorrow but am thinking an IVA may be the best way to pay off my credit card debts. Have been struggling paying the minimum amounts for the last 3 years since had to work part time and terrible i know but withdrawing cash to make payments. Anyway it has come to a head now with the credit limits all used up and bank charges for unpaid direct debits eating up alot of the money coming in and flalling behind with mortgage etc. I realised that only the credit card debt would be included in an iva.

As it is my credit card debt but my husband's income would be taken into account i have a question - he pays child maintenance of £200 a month to his ex-wife (amount agreed between themselves) but 1 of the kids is now 22 and about to buy his own place. He refuses to decrease the amount he pays her can the IVA company make him as the CSA calculator seems to show he is paying more than he needs to? Also she sometimes has cheques and sometimes asks for cash so would not always be able to show payments by way of bank statements.

I need to know as this would affect him and i need to forewarn him of this if it might happen.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport