Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Free London Bus Travel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
5 replies 1.4K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
There is a way to travel completely free on London buses - use a wheelchair.

Wheelchair users travel on wheelchair accessible buses completely free of charge and you don't even need to be disabled or have a disabled pass.

The disadvantage to this system is that if too many moneysaving misers take it up you will have to wait a long time for a bus as each one can only carry one wheelchair at a time but it should still be worth it for savings of around £500 pa:D

Replies

• BirdyBirdy Forumite
    147 Posts
    This is indeed useful to know for GENUINE wheelchair users, perhaps putting that in the subject header (for wheelchair users), may have been helpful too :)
  • David_BrentDavid_Brent Forumite
    697 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Im buying myself a wheelchair! So I can roll out of bed into the chair and wheel myself to work free of charge!Sounds like a good investment!
    !"£$%^&*()
  • sassy-onesassy-one Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting threads such as this one without the correct wording opens a whole scam up

I suspect that there are now 100s of wheel chair users in London and after this thread was posted, I suspect the wheel chair companies had huge orders come in!
  • sassy-one wrote: »
    Posting threads such as this one without the correct wording opens a whole scam up

I suspect that there are now 100s of wheel chair users in London and after this thread was posted, I suspect the wheel chair companies had huge orders come in!

Did you look at the date before replying!
  • sassy-onesassy-one Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you look at the date before replying!

Yes I did, I came across the thread while having a look at some older posts and fancied posting a reply.

I hope, that wasn't a problem for you??;)
This discussion has been closed.