We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Egg - Minimum Finance Charge

I've just got my statement and the last item is for "Minimum Finance Charge" 50p. I've googled and found that it used to be for changing into sterling, and now it is where the interest is so low, they top up to 50p. This doesn't apply to me as I pay the full amount every month. I've just rung Egg and the odd thing was that they couldn't see that item on my account. He said it might clear overnight and to ring back tomorrow if it hadn't.

All a bit strange. Anyone any similar experiences?

Comments

  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,487 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Have you withdrawn cash/used your card on a gambling site/any other transaction that could be considered "cash withdrawal?"
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,491 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I seem to vaguely remember this change in conditions being e-mailed to me ages ago - a minimum interest charge of 50p if it would otherwise be below 50p.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • eira
    eira Posts: 611 Forumite
    just got a statement with this 50p 'minimum finance charge'-the card is totally clear- and not been used.Have e-mailed a query re this
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.