We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
To stay or to change?
PrimaFlower
Posts: 10 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi everyone!
I am currently with Egg card, have been for a few years now. I have £2800 to pay off (although just paid off £300 this morning) so that brings it down to £2500. I was wondering should I swap over to another credit card which doesn't charge interest for so many months or shall I stay with Egg and keep on paying the interest. I'm hoping to pay off £300 a month. I'm not that clued up on such things so any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!
I am currently with Egg card, have been for a few years now. I have £2800 to pay off (although just paid off £300 this morning) so that brings it down to £2500. I was wondering should I swap over to another credit card which doesn't charge interest for so many months or shall I stay with Egg and keep on paying the interest. I'm hoping to pay off £300 a month. I'm not that clued up on such things so any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!
0
Comments
-
There is no reward for loyalty within the banking industry.
Transfer the balance to a 0% card, continue to pay £300 per month and you will save loads on interest.
With a £2500 balance, you only need 8 months at 0% to clear the debt completely.0 -
Thanks for that

Do you which cards are the best and do they charge to transfer the balance over to them? Sorry for so many questions!0 -
Nearly all cards now charge a fee of around 3% for the transfer usually added to the 1st months repayment but this varies amongst card providers. If you can get a Virgin card run by MBNA you could have 16 months @0% and only have a minimum fee of £25 repayment per month (first month will include £75 fee) but make sure you save thee £300 you intend to use to clear the balance.0
-
Cheers for that. I have been accepted for the virgin card!
Thanks!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards