We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit Card Application
Christopherj_2
Posts: 255 Forumite
in Credit cards
I was recently declined for a credit card with Virgin. I have a loan with HSBC, a credit card with Natwest and credit with a catalogue currently having a balance of £20.00. I was told that companies like Virgin made a decision based on your income and you'd have a better chance getting a credit card with a bank.
Considering I have had a credit check from Virgin and I already have credit with three other companies, would it be worth applying for a credit card with a bank, or would it be a waste of time having another credit check on my file?
Considering I have had a credit check from Virgin and I already have credit with three other companies, would it be worth applying for a credit card with a bank, or would it be a waste of time having another credit check on my file?
0
Comments
-
Can any give any advice?0
-
why not try flybe card http://www.flybe.com/card/default.htm0
-
-
I'm looking for an interest free period on balance transfers.0
-
I'm just wondering whether I'm more likely to get a credit card with a bank then with a lender like Virgin.0
-
Who do you bank with? Have you tried them?0
-
all companies have a pass/fail criteria and at the moment, getting credit is getting harder as the days go by. It could be they see you as a risk because you have a loan and a CC already. It could be because they feel your debt v salary is too high or it could be something different altogether.
Anything more than 2 or 3 searches in 6 months will start bells ringing with lenders.
"Stay Wonky":D
:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j0 -
-
Could you not apply with them again?Christopherj wrote: »I bank with HSBC and I have already had a credit card with them and closed it about five months ago.0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
