"I look old, ugly and fat on TV" blog discussion

124»

Comments

• Awww... Bless you, there's nothing wrong with the way you look, very handsome & very trim! Telly always puts on a few pounds doesn't it?!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I agree with the text ("older, fatter and uglier") rather than the title ("old, fat and ugly").
    I particularly agree that it should be stated that way round, rather than "younger, etc, in real life", as the reference should, where possible, be the biological norm.
  • JayZed
    JayZed Posts: 731 Forumite
    I used to be on TV quite a lot and I absolutely loathed the way I looked - I appeared to be some kind of squat, balding, shiny, pug-faced goblin. I'm no Brad Pitt, but I like to flatter myself that I don't look quite that bad in real life.
  • I agree with the text ("older, fatter and uglier") rather than the title ("old, fat and ugly").

Agreed. The latter phrase is somewhat insensitive, to say the least.
  • :D Nothing a bit of botox can't cure :D .

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. I've got less hair, teeth, and more fat than I had years ago. I'm a better person than I was though (guess I have to make more effort these days)
  • tahariel
    tahariel Posts: 38 Forumite
    Personally I love Martin for his brain most of all. I get shivers up my spine at the weekly email ! I don't think him to be old or fat and besides I don't like skinny men.
  • pash_2
    pash_2 Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    :rotfl:

Of course, we haven't seen you in "real life" so cannot compare, but if you don't scare small children there is nothing to worry about really!

snipped

I have actually seen (and got a photo with *ahem*) Martin, and I say ... PHWOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin it's true, you are very good looking in real life (and such a sweetie!)
    but this does NOT mean that you are fat, ugly and old on TV.. :confused: men eh! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Sexy_Em
    Sexy_Em Posts: 524 Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Hi folks...

I promise I wasn't fishing for compliments, just writing an amusing episode... though thanks for all saying such nice things...

Off to pluck my eyebrows now ;)

Martin

You need to get yourself over to the boots grabbit thread and get yourself some beautifying bargains :rotfl:

BTW I mean you need to to make you feel better, not because you actually need beautifying stuff :o

*Gets JCB to dig hole with*
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Actually Martin, saw you I think it was last night on tv and you have definitely loss weight and looked very fit - even OH said he almost fancied you (must be all that eyebrow plucking)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure