Advice regarding Working Tax Credits

Options
I am a single, 45 yr old woman with no children, living in rented (Housing Association) property.

I am normally employed on a permanent basis, working 35hours a week. My usual take home pay is £1,300. However, I was signed off sick most of last year and my salary was reduced by 40% to £780 in September and October. I returned to work full-time in December.

Would I be entittled to Tax Credit for the months of September and October?

Regards

Madeline

Comments

• Hutch100uk
    Options
    Tax credits is worked out on your previous year's income (from your P60) - I honestly don't think that having pay reduced for 2 months will make a huge difference to the annual amount. Check the tax credits website for information on what you may be entitled to,.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you applied for Tax credits you would be asked to declare your 2007/2008 income and at £1300 per month you would probably not qualify due to your income being too high.

Even if you applied quoting your reduced estimated 08/09 income you would probably be due very little and given that they only backdate claims by a maximum of 3 months any entitlement to the end of this tax year would be further reduced, possibly down to nil.

Call TCO on 0845 300 3900 and ask them to give you a quote.
  • mads24
    Options
    I will research further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills