We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Egg Credit Card
bunhead
Posts: 2 Newbie
in Credit cards
have recently received a copy of my agreement with Egg Card, which was taken out in May 2003 and the agreement comes under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
I have once paid this egg card off through a remortgage but since used this again. Although it was paid off - egg did not give a new number to me or a new agreement, just a new card was sent to me.
Which paragraph in the agreement do I look to see if I have been missold this or can I reclaim.
I have approached solicitors who boost "no win" no fee", but because the debt is under 5,000 and not a loan they will not look at the agreement.
I have approached other debt bodies and they want £400approx to reclaim on your behalf, can you not do this yourself,
I have once paid this egg card off through a remortgage but since used this again. Although it was paid off - egg did not give a new number to me or a new agreement, just a new card was sent to me.
Which paragraph in the agreement do I look to see if I have been missold this or can I reclaim.
I have approached solicitors who boost "no win" no fee", but because the debt is under 5,000 and not a loan they will not look at the agreement.
I have approached other debt bodies and they want £400approx to reclaim on your behalf, can you not do this yourself,
0
Comments
-
How can you argue misselling - when you say that YOU used the card again.
I am thinking you must be a troll but if you are not I have an idea of what you could do if you have £400 lying around - use it to part pay your debts.0 -
So you used the card then paid it off and have now used it again and want a back door option to escape paying it? Incredible.0
-
Probably a troll but the attitude expreessed is frighteningly common.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards