We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Barclaycard OnePulse
mouche
Posts: 902 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi,
I am thinking of applying for this card for the 5% cashback on Tfl purchases but I don't want to use the card as an Oyster card. I carry my Oyster card in my pocket and it has been known to fall out. I've lost it once and all I lost as a result was a couple of days travelling because it took that time for Tfl to send me a replacement card. But if I lose a OnePulse, I could lose a lot if someone racks up purchases using the credit angle of it.
So....my question is - can I use a OnePulse to buy travelcards to put on my existing Oystercard? Or for that matter to top up my husband's Oystercard? And will they give me the cashback if I don't use the credit card as an Oyster card?
I am thinking of applying for this card for the 5% cashback on Tfl purchases but I don't want to use the card as an Oyster card. I carry my Oyster card in my pocket and it has been known to fall out. I've lost it once and all I lost as a result was a couple of days travelling because it took that time for Tfl to send me a replacement card. But if I lose a OnePulse, I could lose a lot if someone racks up purchases using the credit angle of it.
So....my question is - can I use a OnePulse to buy travelcards to put on my existing Oystercard? Or for that matter to top up my husband's Oystercard? And will they give me the cashback if I don't use the credit card as an Oyster card?
Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
0
Comments
-
Yes you can, you can use it for any oyster card and get the cashback. The built-in oyster card is completely seperate to the credit card, and so they won't know that you're not using it.Cashback Earnt so far in 2009: AMEX £133.93, wepromiseto.co.uk £67.07, Barclaycard £25, MobilePhoneExchange: £28. TOTAL: £254.000
-
I can confirm the above - there's no contract that you have to use your built-in oyster card!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards