We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
paying cc over the phone
hollydays
Posts: 19,812 Forumite
in Credit cards
I have just paid my OH interest free cc over the phone by maestro,to barclaycard.The due date is tommorrow.
I paid by the automated system.
Will it be paid on time,or is there anything else i need to do?
I paid by the automated system.
Will it be paid on time,or is there anything else i need to do?
0
Comments
-
No experience personally, as I normally pay via Barclaycard's website, but if you're a Barclays Bank customer and registered for Barclays telephone banking, you should be okay.
For peace of mind, why not call Card Services and ask? If you ring 01604 234234, you'll avoid the dreaded 0870 numbers.;)People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.0 -
No,they won't tell me,because I am not the account holder.0
-
Just had a look at my Barclays statement - if paying by telephone
"If you're registered for Barclays telephone banking then pay before 6.00 pm on your payment due date. If you're not registered please call at least 5 working days before your payment due date to register"
So the question is Was he registered for telephone banking ?0 -
I wouldn't like to say. But. As long as the payment was made before either 3.30 pm or 4.30, which are the two shut off points for the financial day, or they get shoved onto the next days roll, and providing it's in their system etc. I have done this in the past, paid on the day actually. AND with Barclaycard. There have been no problems. As I said, I cannot say.
You say you aren't the account holder yet ...
.I have just paid my OH interest free cc over the phone by maestro,to barclaycard.The due date is tommorrow
Are you allowed to pay someone elses credit card? Just asking, because I may be a bit behind the times.
Also, as it's not your account as you say but your 'OHs?' then it may not go straight into the account anyway. Something I just realized. For example, if you paid using a Barclays debt card then I think it would go into the account straight away.
I may be wrong on all counts. Just offering suggestions not facts.Any help, opinions, views I may hold those are my own. Respect them as you would expect the same in return. Offered freely, is gleaned from a lifetime of experiences, knowledge gaining. Passed on to benefit others. I may be direct, ask you questions but those are to help you. Up to you if you choose to take it. I won't judge you either way.
0 -
Well I called to pay my credit card as I only had 2 days and it said on the back of the statement all forms of payment needed 4 days to clear, so I spoke to an advisor to find out if there was a way to make my payment in time and she told me that paying cash in branch would go in on the day.A waist is a terrible thing to mind.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards