We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

squashing credit card balances

2»

Comments

  • dolally_2
    dolally_2 Posts: 268 Forumite
    facemask10 wrote: »
    I was spoken to by my financial adviser, who brought the subject up, so I can only assume that it is something we can do as he's never given us a bum steer in 10 years. I believe you're on the right lines by what you say. I just wondered if anyone on the forum knows anymore about it, so I can do my research before going ahead with the claim. When I find anything else out I will post it. :grin:

    If your financial advisor hasn't given you a "bum steer" in 10 years then why are you in the situation of trying to "squash your credit card balance"??
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=648973&page=2
    I think this is what your after.It only costs £1 to do.
    I would read this full thing so you understand it.
    As others have said though if you can you should pay back what you ve borrowed.
    PP
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    You want to search for CCA requests. Hope that helps.
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
  • dolally wrote: »
    If your financial advisor hasn't given you a "bum steer" in 10 years then why are you in the situation of trying to "squash your credit card balance"??
    what I meant was in any of the important deals he's advised us on. I haven't asked him about my spending on credit cards, it was just a normal thing I did. He mentioned it to me the other day, and I hadn't heard of it before.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.