How can I withdraw from Tesco?

Options
I can't find a way to withdraw. Only thing I have found is that I need a stupid device which looks like a calculator. Am in need for money asap and Tesco won't let me have it. How long it takes to receive this thing upon ordering it? what does it do?

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cheekykid wrote: »
    I can't find a way to withdraw. Only thing I have found is that I need a stupid device which looks like a calculator. Am in need for money asap and Tesco won't let me have it. How long it takes to receive this thing upon ordering it? what does it do?
    Did you ask at customer services? If not phone them and insist they make a transfer for you. They were acting on phone instructions when there was a back log sending out the card readers, so they have the capability. Dunno how long they take now but took them 2 weeks from online order to get a card reader to me.
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    Options
    You need to set-up a payment, which can be a one off to you bank account etc. But to do this you need a card reader and a PIN to enter the security details, all well documented on their site and on the various Tesco threads on this forum.

If you have an emergency and haven't set it up already, follow soulsavers advice.
  • LGG_2
    LGG_2 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    been around 2 weeks since i ordered mine. will ring them at the end of the week. until then im only putting in a % of my savings and leaving the rest in another account. you already have a DD set up to transfer money into the account from your linked account so why u then cant transfer money out in to the linked account is beyond me.
  • Arthurian
    Arthurian Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need a card and password from Tesco, but any card reader will do, from any bank. If you have the card and password, maybe you could borrow a reader from a good friend?
  • robborollover
    Options
    cheekykid; I can't find a way to withdraw. Only thing I have found is that I need a stupid device which looks like a calculator. Am in need for money asap and Tesco won't let me have it. How long it takes to receive this thing upon ordering it? what does it do?

Hi cheeky kid if you havent got reader mine took over 4 weeks by the way, just ring them up and say you need the money for an emergency.

I did exactly this and they transferred my money into my account, but have all your details with you because they will ask account no/ sort code of the receiving account, and all your tesco bank details.

As it is fast tracked only £10,000 can be transferred per day, but they will set it up to go out daily if more.

I must say they are hopeless at getting everything sorted to be a fully fledged tesco account holder, 3 months and still havent got pin no, had to ring to say hadnt received card reader , had to ring to say hadnt received card to put in card reader, got these now but still no pin.

Went with these after KAUPTHING EDGE icelandic bank, but its like jumping out the fire, into a vat of hot oil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    isofa wrote: »
    But to do this you need a card reader and a PIN to enter the security details, all well documented on their site

I'd be interestd to know where - I rang up against this problem when attempting to make a small withdrawal, and I hadn't seen it anywhere before. I'm the kind of guy who reads T&C before signing aswell!
  • sheslookinhot
    Options
    How does the Card reader work ?
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • soulsaver
    Options
    Arthurian wrote: »
    You need a card and password from Tesco, but any card reader will do, from any bank. If you have the card and password, maybe you could borrow a reader from a good friend?
    I've heard this before -and i'm not saying you are incorrect- but it didn't work with my Nationwide card reader.
  • soulsaver
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    I'd be interestd to know where - I rang up against this problem when attempting to make a small withdrawal, and I hadn't seen it anywhere before. I'm the kind of guy who reads T&C before signing aswell!
    Agreed - it certainly didn't in the earlier days - and their customer services agreed it didn't! Maybe they've 'come clean' at last..
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I've heard this before -and i'm not saying you are incorrect- but it didn't work with my Nationwude card reader.

Works with both my Nationwide and Natwest card readers.

Nigel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport