We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Virgin Credit Card
SHill
Posts: 146 Forumite
in Credit cards
Can anyone give me some advice.... I have recently done a balance transfer from my virgin card to my barclay card (shuffle) I have managed to get 0% promo deal until June with my barclay card, and my virgin 0.9% deal was ending on the 7th jan.
Thats all done and sorted.
I called up virgin to then cancel my card the other day.
I asked the question when would I be able to reapply (I thought six months) earliest opportunity. The person down the phone stated I could call that same day and reapply for new card, has anyone out there done this and if so what happened. Any useful tips would be greatfully recieved. Thanks S:beer:
Thats all done and sorted.
I called up virgin to then cancel my card the other day.
I asked the question when would I be able to reapply (I thought six months) earliest opportunity. The person down the phone stated I could call that same day and reapply for new card, has anyone out there done this and if so what happened. Any useful tips would be greatfully recieved. Thanks S:beer:
0
Comments
-
Never cancel an MBNA card, they frequently offer further 0% deals.0
-
Well to it to late now.. I did. They only offered me another 6 months at 0% or 0.9% life of balance transfer card. I thought I read many moons ago that if I had unwanted credit cards then I should look to cancel them any way. My original question still stand should I reapply for another 0% deal (16 months with virgin) or should I leave for it for a while. I thought I need to get feedback about this, just so I didn't hit with loads of credit searches....
thanks for reply0 -
Well if you dont need the 0% offer then dont apply just now. If you apply now you may only have a set period during which you can transfer a balance a the promotional rate.0
-
I wouldn't apply for exactly the same MBNA run card for at least 12 months. There are plenty more (14 month) cards available from them though, but might be best to wait at least until they've formally closed it and reported the settled status to the CRA's.0
-
Thanks for the advice, it sometimes better to hear it. Clearly forgot about the time limitation of balance transfers. I was so set in going back to virgin and call them up and what for just to have the card and to start using it once I have cleared almost all my debt. I really don't want to be in that place where I was in soooooooooo much debt before.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards