We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Taking Egg to court
mav0800
Posts: 6 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi hope someone can help? I have gone through the process of reclaiming my charges from my Egg CC. It has gone to court and they acknowledged my claim and expecting a defence. Many time they have said that The Office Of Fair Trading investigated the matter and because Egg reduced their charge from £20 to £16 they would not continue with the matter. Is this true? Can you help?
0
Comments
-
What was the question?!0
-
jamalfatty wrote: »What was the question?!
basically they have defended my claim and im wanting to know if anyone else out there has taken egg to court and won?? Or if anyone knows if The Office Of Fair Trading have backed egg on dropping their charges from £20 to £16??0 -
Sure lots of people have had their charges back from egg, dont know about it getting to court though. They backed down with me after just a couple of letters.
See link below for your second question
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=17553211#post175532110 -
jamalfatty wrote: »Sure lots of people have had their charges back from egg, dont know about it getting to court though. They backed down with me after just a couple of letters.
See link below for your second question
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=17553211#post17553211
Thanks i think, well they have now defended my claim so looks like im going to court with them!!!0 -
basically they have defended my claim and im wanting to know if anyone else out there has taken egg to court and won?? Or if anyone knows if The Office Of Fair Trading have backed egg on dropping their charges from £20 to £16??
I believe that most companies were limited to a £12 charge with the exception of egg who, due to higher costs, were allowed to charge £16. If that is what they have charged you then you probably don't have a case, I would double check on the "reclaim your charges board" though.
HTH0 -
I'm curious, why do they have higher costs?-highguyuk-0
-
I believe that most companies were limited to a £12 charge with the exception of egg who, due to higher costs, were allowed to charge £16. If that is what they have charged you then you probably don't have a case, I would double check on the "reclaim your charges board" though.
HTH
:rotfl:Knew I had read this somewhere but couldn't remember where so was searching for it to answer highguyuk's question - turns out that the link above was the thread I read it in!! Must read links before posting I think :rotfl:0 -
Well anyone looking at this thread, follow what advice this site gives you. Many people said to me i wouldnt get anything out of egg. Well a bit of bravery and i eventually got my money back all of what i claimed. I took them to court and received 7 settlement offers. 3 weeks before we were due in court i spoke to their lawyer and i got the agreement i wanted!
Good look0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards