We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Virgin Credit Card - WARNING!

If you open a Virgin credit card account and want to transfer a balance, make sure you complete the transfer before the 0% offer expires. The offer expiry date is in the small print on your very busy statement and you may miss it.

Comments

  • Cloister
    Cloister Posts: 139 Forumite
    Have you had some trouble with it?

    When I transferred my extra balance online I selected a box which said 0% till Jan 2010, and when I transferred a balance on the phone with an advisor I was told it would be 0% before the balance transfer took place he was very thorough.

    How did you initiate yours? when you sign up for the card I do remember it saying somewhere that you have to do it within 3 months or something. it was quite clear if I remember right.
    This signature was previously violated by my wife, that'll learn me to stay perma logged in.

    Fortunately, the offending comments have now been removed - my apologies to all who had to read it and laugh at my expense.
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    For me, I believe it is clearly states you have to do it within 3 months and it wasnt is small print. maybe you missed it or maybe i was more throrough and read everything
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.