We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

CC Application: time with bank vs current account

Dear all,

I am thinking of applying a credit card to build up my credit score, I previously has no credit score, anyways.

I have a halifax easy card for 3 years now, and just got a halifax current account with cheque guarantee card. Now the question:

Shall put in my basic account detail when I am applying for credit but with longer time with the bank, or shall I put in my current account detail with less time, will they know from my sort code and account number?

Comments

  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Put in the one you have had the longest
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    maxsquared wrote: »
    Shall put in my basic account detail when I am applying for credit but with longer time with the bank?
    Choose whichever account you want, but answer 3 years for "time with bank".

    Just out of interest, IME Halifax normally bundle a credit card with a successful current account application (if your internal score is acceptable). Did Halifax decline you this?
  • Ye, I didn't apply the cc with my current account application, then I tried to apply one, they declined my application. I guess I put in my new account detail and probably better wait til some money in first (so maybe in a few month if I haven't got one).

    Just out of interest, do they (Halifax) always bundle a CC? Then if that's the case, is this normal?

    Many thanks,
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    maxsquared wrote: »
    Just out of interest, do they (Halifax) always bundle a CC? Then if that's the case, is this normal?
    Like I say, in my experience (with two accounts) they do/did.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.