We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Two MBNA cards at once

I thought I'd post this, since I wasn't aware that it was going to be an issue.

I've just been declined a Virgin Money card, the reason given was that I already have another MBNA issued card (Abbey) with a balance on a promotional rate. I had realised this, but not expected it to be a reason to decline me.

Anyway, I thought the information might be useful to others. Off to find a suitable alternative. :-)

Comments

  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    I know that several people on this forum indeed have several MBNA accounts
  • cifpower wrote: »
    I know that several people on this forum indeed have several MBNA accounts

    As do I, which is why I thought it was safe to apply. Hopefully I'll managed to persuade someone else to lend to me instead.
  • Volcane
    Volcane Posts: 325 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I believe you can have up to 5 MBNA backed cards... assuming you qualify.
    Best Regards,

    V
  • A lot of customers with the MBNA Abbey card are pre approved for the Santander Cash Back or Zero card and often with the same credit limit if you fancy changing anotherpaul.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.