We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Newb Credit Card question

I need to get a credit card, having never had one before. I only need it for a short time (few months tops) and won't be putting loads on it. I was looking at the Halifax All In One card. Seems a good deal with 0% for 9 months on purchases. Any one had experience with this card? Anything i need to watch out for?

Silly question, but when it says 0%, does it really mean that?? I can make x amount of purchases using the card, and as long as I pay that back within 9 months, I will pay NOTHING extra?

Comments

  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If you haven't had a CC before you may struggle to get a 0% card as theses usually go to people with 'good' credit records i.e. people with proven track record of repaying their CCs... but you can but try.

    and yes, if you have a 0% on purchases it means you will be charged no interest for 9 months as long as you make the minimum monthly payment on time.
    EU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
    some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
    EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.