We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help Capital One Increase APR
Comments
-
no problem,good thats sorted :T0
-
Letter today says my rate is going up from 14.8 to 22.88 variable for purchases!
That's some increase by any standards!
It seems that you can continue to pay off your account at the old rate providing you call them first by 20th Feb and then make no new transactions.
(BTW the call costs to do this are 7p connection fee plus up to 2p a minute from BT Line. That sounds like a nice little earner...)
Personally, I'd get a loan and pay it off and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!0 -
and me mines going up to 34.94 % i have never spent on it and nor will i at that rate.0
-
Odd. My account (platinum) has had the APR reduced
Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP(Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)0 -
I've had the same letter, can't remember what the new APR was but definitely over 30%.
I rang them and told them I've shredded the card and have opted for option 2, rate stays the same and I close the account once it's clear. He asked me why I was choosing that option and I replied "I haven't the money to clear it now and I feel so sorry for your company now it's costing you more money to lend to us poor people!" :rolleyes:
Just a small step closer to being DF!In spite of the cost of living, it’s still popular :eek:0 -
Letter today says my rate is going up from 14.8 to 22.88 variable for purchases!
That's some increase by any standards!
It seems that you can continue to pay off your account at the old rate providing you call them first by 20th Feb and then make no new transactions.
(BTW the call costs to do this are 7p connection fee plus up to 2p a minute from BT Line. That sounds like a nice little earner...)
Personally, I'd get a loan and pay it off and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine!tetley wrote:A friend of mine has just got a similar letter from capitalone ( today),but his a.p.r has gone up to 32.81% :eek: :mad: from 14.9% due to the current credit environment,off course he is a valued customer blah blah blah.
Anyway he has just done a balance transfer to mbna for 0% for 6 months then 14%.
so up yours capital one
You guys sure about your starting and ending APRs? Seems like they applied really weird increases!0 -
Yup just got the identical letter.................0
-
31.77 %p.a variable for purchases, 29.75% p.a variable for balance transfers and 30.80% p.a variable for cash withdrawals.- can't find what they are currently......................0
-
Do you think other credit card companies will give us the same option - to pay off the cards on the old rate so long as we don't spend on them?
I had the letter too - 18% to 26%.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards