We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Reducing Interest rates on Egg Card - tips please?
ColMc100
Posts: 10 Forumite
in Credit cards
I am one of the many people who suddenly found themselves having their egg card account closed lat year for no reason. However, just before they closed the account and asked me to repay all outstanding debt, Egg informed me that my interest rate would be increasing as I was a high risk account - I had missed 2 payments in about 2 years!!
I am now paying the balance off at a much faster rate than ever before but the increased interest rate is making that process ever longer and more difficult.
My credit rating isn't the best and I was turned down for a loan and a credit card last year, so shifting the balance isn't an option. Any other ideas/techniques for making egg reduce my interest rate?
Really appreciate any help....
Col
I am now paying the balance off at a much faster rate than ever before but the increased interest rate is making that process ever longer and more difficult.
My credit rating isn't the best and I was turned down for a loan and a credit card last year, so shifting the balance isn't an option. Any other ideas/techniques for making egg reduce my interest rate?
Really appreciate any help....
Col
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards