all my fathers money stolen from abbey account

Options
hi guys just incase anyone has an abbey online saver account , beware!! the site might be unsafe as we have recently had money taken out of an account (all his savings that he relies on for income), we have NOT responded to fraud emails and have three kinds of protection on the pc. although abbey has a so called secure site the money was still stolen

has anyone had this recently , the communication with abbey is the worst i have ever known, also they let a large amount of over 5000 pounds be taken out without even a phone call to check!!! this is disgusting, a simple phone call to verify the transaction would have stopped all this (other banks do this)
my father is nearly 80 years old and the day after this happened he had heart problems , as he has harley ever been ill before i put this down to the shock, it is after all robbery!! and it will scare him for the rest of his life now. the damage is done.
hopefully he will get the money back but noone seems to have any answers as to whats happening and we get pushed from pillar to post shame on abbey.

i am wondering if it is worth pursuing compensation for him if anyone has any advice , would be grateful, i am soooooo angry with this so called bank
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure