We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Something for the "can't pay -won't pay" crowed.

Just stumbled across this informative thread for all you "debt evader’s", not very appealing to me personally but found it very curios reading, just goes to show it's not just the MSE clan that are running away from their debt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/126018-barclaycard-mercers-insider-info.html?highlight=Monument


Carefull you don't choke on it. ;)
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.

Comments

  • Oh, already seen that.
    Any help, opinions, views I may hold those are my own. Respect them as you would expect the same in return. Offered freely, is gleaned from a lifetime of experiences, knowledge gaining. Passed on to benefit others. I may be direct, ask you questions but those are to help you. Up to you if you choose to take it. I won't judge you either way.
  • Heyman_2
    Heyman_2 Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    I was reading about some new(ish) law recently that allows financial institutions to apply to secure any outstanding unsecured debt against a loanee's house, meaning that if they managed to do this they could go for repossession!

    I don't know that there's any legal precedent that's actually been set for it though, and I would guess things would have to be pretty bad for a judge to agree to that all in one hit...
  • rodent
    rodent Posts: 292 Forumite
    Heyman wrote: »
    I was reading about some new(ish) law recently that allows financial institutions to apply to secure any outstanding unsecured debt against a loanee's house, meaning that if they managed to do this they could go for repossession!

    I don't know that there's any legal precedent that's actually been set for it though, and I would guess things would have to be pretty bad for a judge to agree to that all in one hit...


    I think this has been around for a good many years and is more than possible.

    The Rodent
    My posts are my opinion which is neither right nor wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.