We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit card mess-pls help! Barclaycard transfer????
jit
Posts: 8 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi,
I use this forum quite a lot as a resource, registered and posted years ago but cannot find login details anywhere so have re-registered.
I have several CC debts that need sorting, I was trying to follow Martin's shuffle advice with barclaycard but got nowhere this evening. I spoke with their Indian call centre twice this evening and both times was told 'there are no offers available'?
The second time I even asked to speak with retentions to see what they'd offer - I was put on hold for a while then told they could not offer anything, try again in a few months.
Is this common now? or do I need to speak with another dept?
Mad thing is they didn't even offer me a stupid 20% rate or something. The card is a platinum with £5250 limit and not been used for maybe 2 years. Balance £0.
If anyone has been successful in a barclaycard transfer recently please advise on how to go about it, thanks.
I need to transfer my Egg balance to this, then transfer my goldfish to egg. so I can take advantage of goldfish 0% by the end of the month! don't think I'll make it though!
Cheers,
Jit.
I use this forum quite a lot as a resource, registered and posted years ago but cannot find login details anywhere so have re-registered.
I have several CC debts that need sorting, I was trying to follow Martin's shuffle advice with barclaycard but got nowhere this evening. I spoke with their Indian call centre twice this evening and both times was told 'there are no offers available'?
The second time I even asked to speak with retentions to see what they'd offer - I was put on hold for a while then told they could not offer anything, try again in a few months.
Is this common now? or do I need to speak with another dept?
Mad thing is they didn't even offer me a stupid 20% rate or something. The card is a platinum with £5250 limit and not been used for maybe 2 years. Balance £0.
If anyone has been successful in a barclaycard transfer recently please advise on how to go about it, thanks.
I need to transfer my Egg balance to this, then transfer my goldfish to egg. so I can take advantage of goldfish 0% by the end of the month! don't think I'll make it though!
Cheers,
Jit.
0
Comments
-
If Barclaycard retentions won't offer you anything, then that pretty much means they don't think you're a good enough credit risk to give you an offer rate.
As you've said you have multiple credit card debts - they can see this on the credit search, so that could well be why you're not getting anywhere.0 -
do you think they actually asked retentions - I got the feeling she just put me on hold! has anyone had any experience of this? is it worth trying again and getting through to somebody else?0
-
This happened to me with Virgin MBNA. I have a £7000 limit, zero balance for almost a year. Called them to ask for any BT offers? They said none available for me at the moment, call back next week. Kept saying the same thing after 4 weeks of calls, so I gave up and went elsewhere. That was 3 months ago and there's still no offers on my account. Whereas my husband has an MBNA card and he's had a 0% offer for ages. He has an existing balance though, so I guess it must be either that they're more likely to make interest from him (?) or a difference in our credit profiles.
What's your credit rating like? Would you be accepted for a new card with a good 0% promo?DFW Official Nerd Club #1114
'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts':cool:0 -
I've probably messed my credit rating right up.
I thought it was good, never miss a payment etc - although I do have a lot of debt.
But because I didn't get anywhere with barclaycard I decided to apply for a post office and halifax card and didn't get accepted
Oh well, I'm going to transfer some money to my goldfish card anyway.
I might start using my barclaycard again so they think I'm a good risk or whatever? maybe just for fuel and pay it off every other month or something?0 -
have you tried doing it online? it shouldn't make a difference but that's the way I do it....For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 20070
-
I applied for the other CCs online....
do you mean balance transfer online?0 -
For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 20070
-
I was delighted by the online balance transfer in the post above. Only problem being as I am a MSE disciple I destroy cards as soon as they arrive so I don't spend on them. This leaves me unable to input the card security no. So frustrating!!!!!!:rotfl:0
-
I've probably messed my credit rating right up.
I thought it was good, never miss a payment etc - although I do have a lot of debt.
But because I didn't get anywhere with barclaycard I decided to apply for a post office and halifax card and didn't get accepted
Oh well, I'm going to transfer some money to my goldfish card anyway.
I might start using my barclaycard again so they think I'm a good risk or whatever? maybe just for fuel and pay it off every other month or something?
Goldfish don't exist anymore - Barclaycard have taken them over so if Barclaycard wont offer you a balance tranfer rate on your Barclaycard, I imagine it would be the same on your Goldfish (now barclaycard) cardLearning to live a more frugal lifestyle with my family :beer:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards