Photo calendar for Christmas

Options
I am trying to make a calendar with old family black and white photos - including some quite ancient ancestor ones. I figure this way everyone in the family can see them and stop grumbling about who has the photo collection!.

I have scanned them into the PC (runs Windows XP Home) and d/loaded a free calendar template from [https://www.pbase.com/455rocket/image].
I have Photoshop Elements which came with the Epson scanner , Photoplus 6 and the software that came with the Kodak camera.

My problem is that the photos are all different sizes and I am not at all experienced with working with them to enlarge them to fit into this template.

Can anyone advise how to do this with what I have - in simple terms or
Does anyone know of any cheap photo software that would include making calendars in a few easy steps ? I'd like each page to be A4 or less.

Thanks

Rachel
if i had known then what i know now

Comments

• Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Resizing is usually an option in the imaging software you have, and its often a case of cropping the pictures to the correct proportions then resizing (or vice versa)

It's always better to start with large, hi resolution pics, and make them smaller. Going the other way (i.e. making the pics bigger) can result in poor quality pics.

If you want them resized, I will gladly do them for you. I can PM you an email address to send them to if required.

:)
    How do I add a signature?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it but there is some free calendar software here. Click on "Download" in the menu if you decide you want it.
  • magoogy
    magoogy Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    THANKS REAPER - THIS IS A GOOD PIECE OF SOFTWARE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts