We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paying off over draft with a balance transfer?
tomy_1985
Posts: 3 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi,
Is it possible to pay off a overdraft with a balance transfer?
I currently have a £1600 over draft that I want to get on to 0% credit.
I have heard in the past that only certain (normally high interest) credit cards allow balance transfers from overdrafts? If this is the case, could I use one of these and then balance transfer from credit card to credit card (the 2nd being a 0% balance transfer)
Any help would be great,
Tomy
Is it possible to pay off a overdraft with a balance transfer?
I currently have a £1600 over draft that I want to get on to 0% credit.
I have heard in the past that only certain (normally high interest) credit cards allow balance transfers from overdrafts? If this is the case, could I use one of these and then balance transfer from credit card to credit card (the 2nd being a 0% balance transfer)
Any help would be great,
Tomy
0
Comments
-
The MBNA family of cards allow you to do a BT from the card to a bank account. Most do not.0
-
Thanks TFD, are there any good deals from MBNA? What are the actual cards within this family?
Would it be possible to do two balance transfers as above?
Tomy0 -
Virgin 0% on BT for 16 months, 2.98% fee.
Make sure you set up a direct debit to pay off the minimum amount
Just did a transfer myself to clear overdraft and pay off my tax bill, which I'd otherwise be paying interest on.
Going to budget an amount per month to set aside into a higher interest account for the 16 months so i can clear it at the end of the promotional period.Proud to be dealing with my debts! :beer:
egg loan [strike]£10300[/strike] £2400
student loan [strike]£4500[/strike] ZERO!!!
MBNA CC £45000 -
Suggest you take a look at this article...Thanks TFD, are there any good deals from MBNA? What are the actual cards within this family?
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/stooze-cash-credit-cards#MBNA
MBNA family cards (at least the mainstream ones) are listed here...
www.stoozing.com/cards.htm
From two overdrafts you mean? You can, but it's not necessary since you're free to do whatever you want with the money once it lands in your current account. It doesn't have to be a 'real' overdraft.Would it be possible to do two balance transfers as above?
0 -
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to try the the Virgin Card0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards