We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
RBS 0% offer for existing customer
lynxptc
Posts: 280 Forumite
in Credit cards
Had a letter a while back from RBS offering a balance transfer 0% for 6 months.
Forgot all about it until this morning, had a look and see that the transfer needs to be done before 20th January.
Had a balance of £2,000 on the card so I made a payment through faster payments to clear that before doing the 0% offer. Says on the statement that it takes 2 hours for the payment to be processed.
Phoned RBS to do the transfer and they told me that the payment had gone through and my "available balance" had been updated but the balance is still showing as £2,000.
My question is, should I continue with the balance transfer? I'm worried that if I do and the balance isn't updated until tomorrow then the payment will go off of the 0% balance and not the 15.9% purchase balance I want it to.
Forgot all about it until this morning, had a look and see that the transfer needs to be done before 20th January.
Had a balance of £2,000 on the card so I made a payment through faster payments to clear that before doing the 0% offer. Says on the statement that it takes 2 hours for the payment to be processed.
Phoned RBS to do the transfer and they told me that the payment had gone through and my "available balance" had been updated but the balance is still showing as £2,000.
My question is, should I continue with the balance transfer? I'm worried that if I do and the balance isn't updated until tomorrow then the payment will go off of the 0% balance and not the 15.9% purchase balance I want it to.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards