Empire (order 50 and pay only 25) But...

Comments

• mrme
    mrme Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Apple IPOD-MINI-DOCKECB - Ipod Port. Hard Drive Docking Station

No code that I can see. BEWARE though its for Mini's only.

http://!!!!!!.com/3slnb

Just to clear up any confusion we are talking abot https://www.empirestores.co.uk the mail order company and
    NOT https://www.empiredirect.co.uk    ;)

Whoops, we must have posted @ the same time, - sorry :-[
    :j :j
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Boy's Animal "Phantom" Skate Shoes Navy/Blue size 3 (under Boys Sports Shoes), - £13 - out of stock  ;)

Bit of a shame actually. My son would love these  :(
  • hesjane
    hesjane Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ** Linked edited by request of Addy - Edited by Abuse Controller **Navy/Blue size 3, - £13 - out of stock  ;)

For that price is it not worth buying size 4 (which is in stock) and putting them away for a couple of months?  From past experience with my own kids it won't be very long before they are a perfect fit.  The other option is to order the size 4 and see what he thinks and if he doesn't like them - send them back.  Also they may come up a bit on the small side.

As far as I am aware Empire offer a 14 day approval option to check out the goods anyway so you have nothing to lose.

Need any more reasons? ;)
    Hes
  • supers
    supers Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i`ve just placed a order for the other things it didn`t give me the discount at all can anyone help,sorry its not the under £50 its the PT9750 code have i put it in the right box or what !!! it took me 3hrs to get to checkout Oh well
  • Addy
    Hes - he's actually still about a 2, so I have ordered them in that size and am hoping they come on the big side!

I'm not very happy. Spent ages Sunday morning putting a big order together, used the 30% code and completed the checkout fine. Now I'm told the order can't be found, tried placing it over the phone but the order code is no longer valid and they wouldn't accept that I'd managed to get it online, even though I'm an existing customer :'(

Oh, well. Some you win and some you have to work a bit harder at ;) Am now placing orders for the things I really wanted most using this crafty discount. Thanks to the OP.
  • julie114
    julie114 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Addy
    do you realise that the link you have submitted gives your name, customer number and email address. When I went to order something your name came up as well if you are Miss Day !. I would delete this if I were you as people could be ordering stuff for you and not themselves if they dont take your details out.
    julie
    ** Linked edited by request of Addy - Edited by Abuse Controller **Navy/Blue size 3, - £13 - out of stock  ;)

• Addy
    Addy
    do you realise that the link you have submitted gives your name, customer number and email address. When I went to order something your name came up as well if you are Miss Day !. I would delete this if I were you as people could be ordering stuff for you and not themselves if they dont take your details out.
    julie

OMG, thanks Julie!! I was just trying to save people time finding the things....yikes!!

Could you delete the link from your quote?

Actually when I went to check my basket, I found a couple of things in there I didn't order :-[
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    HURRAY

They have taken payment for my order placed on Sun Morning with 30% code.

PS loads of clothes arriving at a real bargain.
  • They refused the 30% code for mine (they took the full amount from my card) so I got normal sale prices (which ain't much cop when scouting the net) - so considering cancellation

Update - can't cancel - already sent out !!

Customer Services told me that they have NEVER had a 30% off code ... despite the order confirmation that I received ...

Product      Qty      Price Each      Total
    ZJ4561 Panasonic camcorder accessory kit       1       GBP 23.00      GBP 16.10
    FP7906 Sony* net md-Sony net MD walkman       1       GBP 76.00      GBP 53.20
    BEIGE JCKT       1       £0.00      £0.00
                 Total :      GBP 69.30
          Postage and Packing:      FREE
                 Grand Total:      GBP 69.30

They have deducted £99 from my credit card

She also said that I will not be getting the Jacket as that only applies to FULL PRICE orders :(   (don't really care really!)

She also said that EIR012 - £15 off first order - also only applies to FULL PRICE ITEMS

So it means that the £53 MD that I though I was getting is now £76 - a bit more than I intended to pay (it's £79.99 on Amazon so not much saving really)

Further update:

Their terms and conditions

Your £15 First Order Discount /  Advert Code EIR012
    NB: discount is not available on sale items.

FREE Vincelli Designer Jacket!
    This offer is only valid on full price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.

So I guess this is an interesting one.

I authorised them to take £69.30 and they took £99 ???

However, by their terms and conditions I should have been charged £99
  • Addy
    If they confirmed in writing one price...and then charged you another without informing you before charging it to you, they are definitely breaking the Distance Selling Regulations.

I feel another "Virgin" coming on ;D

Personally, I'm fed up with Empire over this. They lost my Sunday morning orders I was told when I phoned to enquire. Was told I could replace the orders but the 30% wasn't coming off, so I just asked if I could check stock....somehow everything I enquired about got ordered and I can't cancel it until it goes on their system.

Placed some more orders last night using this -£25 code (justified it to myself as I'd spent hours trying to place the Sunday order).

Still haven't got email confirmations, and have absolutely no idea if any of it will turn up and if so, at what price....if none of it's discounted I think White Arrow will be very busy collecting stuff to return!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure