Co-operative membership card

Options

Comments

• moyilla
    moyilla Posts: 1,834 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I shop quite a bit at my local Co-op and always use my yellow card. But my main bank is the Co-Operative, do you use your reward card with every transaction too?

Thank you
  • HOGOGG
    HOGOGG Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    moyilla wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I shop quite a bit at my local Co-op and always use my yellow card. But my main bank is the Co-Operative, do you use your reward card with every transaction too?

Thank you

I don't use my reward card when doing transaction, The co-operative Bank tod me that when the points/bonus is calculated they do a search on your postcode to see what bank accounts you have with them ?? not sure if this is true though ?
    5k in 2010 member #80 - £217.00/£5000 :eek:
  • williham
    williham Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah aparrently that's true, your postcode and your name.
  • HOGOGG
    Options
    HOGOGG wrote: »
    Hiya
    Does anyone know when the June bonus is paid and what the amount will be per point yet ??, i bought a car from Sunwin Garage and have a few points waiting to be paid :j

Anyone know when it will be paid ???? :confused:
  • HOGOGG
    Options
    HOGOGG wrote: »
    Anyone know when it will be paid ???? :confused:

Ok guys, i'm here with an update, i have called Co-op and they have confirmed the bonus will be paid on 15th June and will be 2p per point, which is better than the 1p per point paid in December :j
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Co op's where I live (midlands) still do the old divvi. Collect recipts all year. Write them on an envelope add them all up. And If I am lucky I get about £10 for my years work. lol.
    I still do it as I quite often pop round for forgotton bits and bobs. It used to be more worth while when you could get them on milk delivery and cigs.
    Not quite sure where Buxton lives but Matlock does the bee card; Chesterfield is a Blue swipe card (Mids co-op - a very big region) so I have both - but then I bank with the co-op - and don't forget the travel agencies...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    We bank & have our mortgage with the Co-op. Remember that if you have a joint account you can both become members - well worth it as we got £51 each in June. :beer:
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have a loan and that's linked to our card account too, so we get about £50-60 a year by using it with shops/online/loan. Not bad - loan rate was 6% so great bargain at the time.
  • vatic
    vatic Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opened my current/savings accounts with the Co-op before I got the membership card.

Do I need to call a number to get them linked? I've tried searching the T&Cs online with no joy so far. Thanks!
    March win: Fair Squared organic spa skincare set
    It isn't where you came from; it's where you're going that counts -- Ella Fitzgerald

• littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    No you don't. I phoned them up to ask them how to link everything up to the card and they said they do it automatically.
    Only thing is I have 2 fixed rate accounts with them and I get zero for them !
    travelover
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport