Correct info held by Gas/Electric company

Options
Hi Guys,

I hope you're all well and the new year is working in favour for you all so far :)

Just a quick question - we get our gas and electricity from npower and have two seperate accounts, one for gas one for electric (electric is on a prepayment meter)....when letters or bills come through the electric is always in mine and my partners name but when the gas comes through it always addressed to me (I think) though my surname is incorrect.....I've spoken to npower countless times about this over the past 3 years but it is never changed....

If, as a hypothetical situation, something happened to me and my partner was left to pay the bills etc could the gas bill be legally chased as they would be chasing someone who didn't exist surely? I've sent letters, left feedback on the website and spoken to dozens of advisors on the phone re this but the surname never changes so is there anything else I can do?

Advice would be appreciated, as always :)
No trees were damaged in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.:wave:

Comments

• filmnoir
    filmnoir Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Yes even though only minor they still would have a case as if it ever got to debt collection the mistake would be rectified. Unfortunatley be pesitant, (which you have been) mention to them Omburdsman and Consumer direct and you are finally giving them 8 weeks to acknowledge and resolve the issue or you will progress to the omburdsman.
    "Self trained industry expert who has worked in Electricty Distribution, Electricity & Gas Supply and currently works as an independent consultant in industry processes to particapants in the industry" :eek:
  • Animagdon
    Options
    Thanks for that filmnoir :) I will give them another ring tonight and mention the Ombudsman etc and see if that knocks any heads together quicker!

Much appreciated xx
    No trees were damaged in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.:wave:
  • filmnoir
    filmnoir Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Let us know how you get on. They should write within the deadline and clarify they have either been able or unable to do anything further.
    "Self trained industry expert who has worked in Electricty Distribution, Electricity & Gas Supply and currently works as an independent consultant in industry processes to particapants in the industry" :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure