Kaupthing Edge - still waiting for account closure

Options
I asked Kaupthing Edge to close my account back in November... they did warn me there was a backlog in requests which may result in a delay for the final payment, but I'm still waiting. Any idea if this is normal?

Thanks!

Comments

• malik999
    malik999 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Out of curiousity I just emailed them asking if my account had indeed been closed, per my closure request which i did by email and phone back in November. See below stupid response to a simple question.

===========================================

Thank you for your email.

For your protection we are unable to action your request as we cannot accept email instructions relating to your account. In order to operate your account you would need to verify your identity which can be by contacting our call centre on Our contact number is;

08451 31 32 34

Our opening hours are:

Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 8am - 2pm, Sunday and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm

Yours sincerely,

Laura Kelso
    Customer Services
    Kaupthing Edge
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I received a similar e-mail after my request to close. Wrote them a letter asking to close account and it was actioned without any problems. Try writing through ordinary mail.
  • SavingSteve
    Options
    I had the same situation.

First, when you send them a message you MUST log in and send it via the 'secure message' option on your accounts screen. That way they have no problem with disclosure of info.

I mailed them in this manner in early December, and the account was closed just over a month later in early Jan.

So, moral is they will take a while closing, but the easiest way to contact them is using their own secure message service. The system DOES work.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've also received some payment, I think its closing interest from them (as a result of a secure message asking the account to be closed in November)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1426159&highlight=kaupthing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure