Barclaycard 0% deal not as it seems

Options
I applied on line for the Barcalycard 0% deal , however when i got to the end it states in the terms youwill only find out your credit level or whether you can transfer a balance upon receipt of the card!!! i did speak to an advisor who confirmed that you will not know your limit prior to getting the card. this seems very strange as you could get it and not be able to transfer what you want.. does anyone know which companies provide credit limits at time of application?

Comments

• NBE
    NBE Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Credit card companies usually generate a credit limit after performing a search of your credit file, depending how you score on their own criteria depends how large a credit limit you get. I am unaware of any credit card which guarantees you a credit limit as you apply, although many can now give you an "Instant Answer" online which will tell you if you have been accepted and what your credit limit will be.
    "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
    -- Western Union internal memo, 1876
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport