Halifax Account

Options
Hi All,

I have been told that I ca apply for a Halifax Preference account with £500.

Can someone let me know the + and - of this account please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    '+ and -' ....... as related to what? It's a share dealing account - not a current account - so you're placing the question in the wrong forum. Savings and investments would be more relevant.

Read the basics here and check if it's what you thought it was ?

http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedealing/investment_options/preference_shares.asp
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • BettySpaghetti_2
    Options
    Sorry Mikeyorks, you're incorrect, it's not a share dealing account (that's preference shares). If you search the Halifax website it doesn't show up on because you only get offered one if you have a loan (or sometimes a high rate credit card) with them.

The preference account is like a separate pot of funds to your current account - or overdraft! They give you a card and, if you use it, the amount you spend will be taken from your current account at a later date, with mega interest added. It is NOT a credit card and therefore isn't covered by any of the credit card t&cs.

In short, no, don't apply for it.
  • cloudstrife_2
    Options
    Just do a Google search for Bank of Scotland Preference Account!! The account is not actually provided by Halifax, which also means when you get the 'bill' you can't pay it in a Halifax branch!!

Cloud
    I work for Halifax (a division of Bank of Scotland plc, owned by HBOS plc, owned by Lloyds Banking Group plc). Any comments or views are my personal comments and opinions and not those of my employer. Oh and I might (on the odd occasion) get something wrong, if I do then I do apologise in advance!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure