"MoneySaving Live" Free DVD Discussion Area

Replies

• Is this someone being very miserable today has the cold got to you??

I'm normally such a joyous little tyke; really I am. :)

Although I could have articulated it better and more politely, my point really was that I have strong views on things that treat me like an idiot consumer. Tabloids like NotW, extolling the IMHO ridiculous celebrity culture and having no real news, come under this category for me and for this reason I just can't bring myself to give them money.

This is the reason I asked if there is ever likely to be a way for people who hold such views to obtain the DVD* in the future. It seems a shame to me that, despite the inexplicably large readership, this is the only outlet.
    mattytun wrote: »
    how long is the DVD ..........can you put it on youtube..lol

Even setting up an MSE Youtube channel, as mattytun suggested, would be a better solution in my view, even if it would need splitting into several clips.

And breathe....

Hey, I'm a hit at parties. ;)

(Anyway, this is all getting waaaay off-topic, so sorry guys! :) )

* which I do really want, but not enough to go against my views, and now I'll have to do without, and I've offended and likely angered Martin and he'll never speak to me again. ... or something. :D
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin Money Saving Expert MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    Forumite
    RedBooties wrote: »
    I'm normally such a joyous little tyke; really I am. :)

Although I could have articulated it better and more politely, my point really was that I have strong views on things that treat me like an idiot consumer. Tabloids like NotW, extolling the IMHO ridiculous celebrity culture and having no real news, come under this category for me and for this reason I just can't bring myself to give them money.

This is the reason I asked if there is ever likely to be a way for people who hold such views to obtain the DVD* in the future. It seems a shame to me that, despite the inexplicably large readership, this is the only outlet.

Even setting up an MSE Youtube channel, as mattytun suggested, would be a better solution in my view, even if it would need splitting into several clips.

And breathe....

Hey, I'm a hit at parties. ;)

(Anyway, this is all getting waaaay off-topic, so sorry guys! :) )

* which I do really want, but not enough to go against my views, and now I'll have to do without, and I've offended and likely angered Martin and he'll never speak to me again. ... or something. :D

Don't worry you've not annoyed me.

The important thing to remember is that a DVD doesn't just appear. This was an event that had to be paid for, hiring the theatre, arranging audience, a four camera shoot, tickets, back drop, filming, editing and putting an entire package together. This is a substantial project.

Wonderfully the NOTW agreed to pay a large proportion of that, and in return of course it gets exclusive rights to promote and distribute the DVD (which will of course always be free).

Without the News of the World, there wouldn't be a DVD. As for putting it on You Tube, to be fair to the NOTW there really wouldn't be much point in it doing all this for it then just to put it on the web.

Martin :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • That's fair. That's all I wanted to know (aside from if you own the right to it (guessing NotW do?) and may wish to distribute it by other means later (paid or not)). I'm quite content to do without.

What's that old saying? "You can't please everybody all of the time. Nobody pleases me enough of the time." Yeah, pretty sure that's it.

;)
  • hayley11hayley11 Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I personally think this is a great idea and I hope it helps more people find MSE. I find it a real shame that some people don't know how about MSE, it is such a great resource, I think it should be mandatory for people to join :confused: :rotfl:

I shall be buying the NOTW on Sunday (well I shall be sending my OH to the shop for it :rotfl:)
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • I cant believe I have missed this. :eek:

How do I get a back copy of the paper?
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debt
    January 2016 - £12,326
    Grocery Challenge - £150

• B4UgoZzzB4UgoZzz Forumite
    203 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I missed it too. Any ideas how to get a copy now please?
    I think the live event is a great idea and Martin's evidentally a natural showman and brilliant tutor. Without the time restrictions of morning TV this really suits his presentation style.
    Keep smiling, Wilf.
    Keep smiling!
  • First of all -- Martin, you're fantastic! (and, no, I am not trying to flatter the man -- this is the TRUTH!) :T

Having missed the NotW voucher, is there another way to get this (preferably free, of course) ?

Thanks so much,
    Debb
    :-)
  • Anyone recieved this yet? Really looking forward to watching this!
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
  • hi, I missed the NotW issue, unaware of the exact date in January that I needed to purchase it to get the DVD of Martin's December 2008 seminar in London.

Any one know where I can now get hold of it?

Thanks, from Leicestershire,
    Debb
  • It's been over a month now and I'm still waiting for the DVD. What's happening?
    Life's what you make it....

"I've got one, two, three, [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE]... senses working overtime..", XTC. :sad:

Life beyond voluntary work scares me, but what else is there? :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals