£1131.50 better of this weeks thanks to MSE

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
11 replies 3.4K views
inmypocketnottheirsinmypocketnottheirs Forumite
4.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
I have had £1131.50 refunded to me by the Co-op Bank this week in respect of bank charges incurred over the last 6 years. These have been the banks charges for exceeding my overdraft limit, returned items and daily charges.

This is all due to the advice given by dchurch24, available on the current account board under the heading 'Bank charges - are the legal?'

Happy Bunny! :beer:
Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)

Replies

• divadeedivadee Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!

That is a fanatastic amount to have saved, well done you for doing that. What are you going to do with the money?
  • inmypocketnottheirsinmypocketnottheirs Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than likely bung it off my mortgage, or buy a new PC! Not sure yet, but being self employed and just had two weeks off over christmas, it is certainly useful!
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely bung it off my mortgage, or buy a new PC! Not sure yet, but being self employed and just had two weeks off over christmas, it is certainly useful!
    LOL buy a new pc and if your self employed, claim it back against expenses. ;)
  • inmypocketnottheirsinmypocketnottheirs Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judi wrote:
    LOL buy a new pc and if your self employed, claim it back against expenses. ;)

More than likely what I will do. And reclaim the VAT also!
  • Don't spend the lot on a PC that would be a waste! You can get a perfectly good PC for under £500 these days, check out the obvious places like Dell website and then shop around more! Use this website if needs be to search for a cheap one! Also when you do fine one haggle get extras and then some thrown in! PCs are a highly competative market. I happen to know people who build PCs and sell them for a living, first thing to do is research then spec you want and see if it would be cheaper just to upgrade the PC you have now?

Deepest Debt - £13,000+
    Debt Now - £0
  • Recommend a Dell - picked up a perfectly good PC for my Dad for £370, including a 19" flatscreen monitor. Bargain!

If you decide on Dell, remember to go through QuidCo - you'll save an extra 5%. Wish I'd known about that before I purchased :|

cheerio
    steve :money:
    Elite 5:2 #54 12/13 lbs (18 Jan) 1st Target :j
  • Hi there - is it possible to tell me how you did this and what grounds you need - it sounds too good to be true!
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Laurak :hello:

Have a look at this
    Bulletproof
  • Claire_DCClaire_DC Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    I recommend ebuyer, to save even more money, you could buy the parts you need and build it yourself (use a step by step guide freely available online) or if you can, ask someone who knows about computers to put it together for you for a few ££'s.

It works out much cheaper than buying prebuilt.

Ebuyer do also have built computers for sale too, so if you're not comfortable doing the above then you could always buy one prebuilt.

:)
    Lost lbs =
    Gained £s = Quidco £261.90, Free Fivers £22.26, Matched Betting
  • ratminratmin Forumite
    22 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    What do you mean by 'daily charges'
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News