FREE tastelondon cards

Options
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but yesterday Metro Newspaper were offering a one month free trial to tastelondon.

Membership gets you 50% off at 500 restaurants. And you don't have to give bank details or credit card details, so if you don't want to carry on you just let the card expire. They did this offer last year and I used the card then, could help if you can still afford to eat out! :p
«134

Comments

  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zierisaver wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but yesterday Metro Newspaper were offering a one month free trial to tastelondon.

    Membership gets you 50% off at 500 restaurants. And you don't have to give bank details or credit card details, so if you don't want to carry on you just let the card expire. They did this offer last year and I used the card then, could help if you can still afford to eat out! :p

    Is there a link?
  • zierisaver
    Options
    dinglebert wrote: »
    Is there a link?
    Oh yes, sorry, it's:
    https://www.tastelondon.co.uk/metrotrial
    :o
  • ayuthayajim
    Options
    zierisaver wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but yesterday Metro Newspaper were offering a one month free trial to tastelondon.

    Membership gets you 50% off at 500 restaurants. And you don't have to give bank details or credit card details, so if you don't want to carry on you just let the card expire. They did this offer last year and I used the card then, could help if you can still afford to eat out! :p
    Just applied and got confirmation that it will be on its way!!!!!! No I've just got to find somewhere that I can afford to eat out, even at half price :rotfl:
  • porlock
    porlock Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Last time this offer ran, someone on here pointed out that when they did it, after the month runs out, they offer you a discounted rate of £49.99 for the year (from £69.99). If you hold out for a couple of months, they will offer it to you for £29.99, which, could pay for itself in one or two meals out.

    Also, with my free trial card, after the expiry date, we were entitled to free tickets the Beer Exposed event, which was a kind of beer festival. Tickets were between £14-£20, and the event was different from regular beer festivals in that you just wander round with your free glass and let nice people from loads of different major and microbreweries fill it up for you. In short, we had a great evening out, got rather tipsy and all for free!

    This was in the Summer some time, so not quite relevant to this trial, but it is worth keeping your eyes open, as Taste do appear to sponser these sort of events and you may get some sort of deal on tickets.

    Well worth the trial, IMO.
  • 78mjt
    78mjt Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    porlock wrote: »
    Last time this offer ran, someone on here pointed out that when they did it, after the month runs out, they offer you a discounted rate of £49.99 for the year (from £69.99). If you hold out for a couple of months, they will offer it to you for £29.99, which, could pay for itself in one or two meals out.

    Also, with my free trial card, after the expiry date, we were entitled to free tickets the Beer Exposed event, which was a kind of beer festival. Tickets were between £14-£20, and the event was different from regular beer festivals in that you just wander round with your free glass and let nice people from loads of different major and microbreweries fill it up for you. In short, we had a great evening out, got rather tipsy and all for free!

    This was in the Summer some time, so not quite relevant to this trial, but it is worth keeping your eyes open, as Taste do appear to sponser these sort of events and you may get some sort of deal on tickets.

    Well worth the trial, IMO.

    So have you managed to sign up again? I've done the trial before and so it's recognizing me and not letting me re-sign up? Any tips on ways around this?
  • MissHB-AFC
    Options
    78mjt wrote: »
    So have you managed to sign up again? I've done the trial before and so it's recognizing me and not letting me re-sign up? Any tips on ways around this?

    If you use a different email account, and slightly amend your billing address, so for example, instead of 7 Bruton Place, try 7a, I have had lots of trials, and have now actually bought the product, as it's so good and features restaurants that are not on other discount sites.

    :j
  • 78mjt
    78mjt Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    MissHB-AFC wrote: »
    If you use a different email account, and slightly amend your billing address, so for example, instead of 7 Bruton Place, try 7a, I have had lots of trials, and have now actually bought the product, as it's so good and features restaurants that are not on other discount sites.

    :j
    Good thinking, I'll probably spell the street differently as if I put an 'a' it will no doubt go next door.

    To be honest, I'll probably buy one anyway, I saved loads last time.
    :T:T
  • happymum168
    Options
    Many thanks; now just to find time to eat out.
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for posting- just a note to those just outside London to say that the card has some chains on it out quite far- for instance in Essex, The Aroma in Braintree, The Place in Chelmsford and Bauman's Brasserie in Coggeshall.
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this, I've just applied, can anyone make any recomendations of where to use it, I've got a london weekend booked end of jan and will eat out 2 or 3 times, we will be going to a west end theatre and the royal albert hall, staying at the hoxton.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards