Credit Card Claim??

Options
I wonder if anybody can advise re whether I may have any comeback with my Halifax Credit Card.

In September FlyGlobespan announced new routes from Aberdeen to Sharm El Sheikh and Gran Canaria. Now I have always been wary re low cost airlines and have read so much re them pulling flights, retiming etc.

I booked return flights for February 2009 in September and held back from booking accommodation in case they pulled the flight. The Sharm flight was pulled within a couple of weeks of being announced. The Gran Canaria flights started in December so on Christmas Eve, all seemed to be OK so I booked my accommodation which cost just short of £600 (paid for on Lloyds TSB Credit Card). The accommodation was booked through Thomsons via Airmiles.

One week after booking the accommodation my gut feeling was correct and we get an email advising that Globespan are stopping the flights from ABZ to LPA due to lack of demand therefore our flight has been cancelled. They did offer us to fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh, alebit different day. This was not suitable to us as it involves a 3 hour drive, plus we would have had to pay accommodation amendment charges, so we decided to cancel. Globespan will obviously give us a full refund.

We are in to 50% cancellation charges with Thomsons (if it had been another couple of days we would be into 70% charges) therefore we now stand to lose just short of £300.

Absolutely gutted that we are in this position through no fault of our own. Our travel insurance does not cover airline changes so we have no chance of a claim there. So my question is does anyone know how we would stand re any possibility of a claim through our credit card?

Thanks
The best things in life are free.....

Comments

• TFD_2
    TFD_2 Posts: 907 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say unlikely as the flight and accommodation are 2 separate transactions - the bank could argue that the hotel booking is fine, it's your issue whether you can get there or not...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure