Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Mumof4.84 wrote: »
    Is it true there rejecting applications due to non payment, I've paid the £90 and when I rang today they said it might get rejected due to payments not being processed as they have a fault in their system. I'm worried I've paid £90 and was told it would be dealt with quickly yet now there having problems. I'm told different things everyone I ring someone

See my posts 4709, 4710. I thought the problem was fixed now.

Has your application been submitted? When did you pay?
  • Mumof4.84
    Mumof4.84 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi fatbelly, I paid Tuesday morning and my application was submitted tuesdsy morning too, I rang a few times to insolvency helpline, first was on Tuesday they told me ' it will be done within 24-48 hours. I rang again Wednesday late morning I was told it will be done within 24 hours now, then I rang Wednesday after half 4, I was then told there payment system is down and tgey cant allocate payments so applications are getting rejected he told me to ring back in 10-14days if I've heard nothing. I'm confused now so I'll be ringing again today to find out what's going on.
  • Summerb94
    Options
    I also paid and submitted on Tuesday! Let us know what they say when you call up today!! This wait and uncertainty is horrendous!
  • Mumof4.84
    Options
    Hi summerb94 I rang them and she said the same, it's been 7 weeks of payment system errors she said so it's a sit and wait, she said at least 10-14 days. I don't understand how I was told twice before it would be done within 24-48 hours. It's such a dreadful wait and we should of been told the waiting times when we paid and submitted our application.
  • Summerb94
    Options
    At least 10-14 days!!!! When I submitted the application through StepChange they told me upto 10 days but after reading that a lot of people had heard within 2-3 days I was hoping to hear by the end of this week! I!!!8217;m having sleepless nights worrying about this I can!!!8217;t believe it! Thanks for letting me
    Know xx
  • Mumof4.84
    Options
    Yeah I'm not happy either I was hoping for it to be done by Friday so i can relax, you could try calling them give them your application number see what they say, I've been told different things by 4 different people at the insolvency helpline. Do not sure what to believe.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Are you guys asking the DRO team at Plymouth? If you're asking anyone else we are definitely as much in the dark as you are. The DRO team took several days to realise there was a problem and CAB competent authority took the best part of a week to pass that info on to us. Since then we have heard conflicting reports of - it's fixed, oh no it isn't, oh yes it is.

Fortunately I haven't submitted any this week and none of my clients have needed one urgently.
  • Mumof4.84
    Options
    Hi yes its the helpline in Plymouth, I spoke to stepchange as they submitted my application they advised me it should be done by next Friday as they've had no problems with the insolvency processing them, it's just a bit of delay, when I rang the helpline again they advised me my application is waiting to be sanctioned so i hope that it's passed the checks they do and there just waiting to confirm payment. I'm really close to my 20k limit so I'm a bit worried about it going over
  • Sam090884
    Sam090884 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi fat belly.
    Can I ask you a question please, my DRO ended last week 13th April. When will the debts show as settled on my credit file?
  • Summerb94
    Options
    Mumof4.84 I was also super close to the limit! I!!!8217;ve just checked insolvency register and my name is finally on there! Yay! I hope yours is too! It says start date 19/4/18 but my name only showed up this morning! Thank goodness!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback