car insurance saving

Just had my car insurance renewal through from LV (liverpool victoria) at £205.61, i thought that was a bit expensive so i phoned up and said as much, the requoeted me as a new customer now paying £133.34 the only difference is i do not have fully comp european cover as standard.
EASY PEASY

Comments

• Worth the call then!
    Squish
  • I'm also new to the forums, compared car insurance (in the order mentioned on this site) and have actually saved £133 on next cheapest policy.

Thank you MSE!
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    westy23 wrote: »
    Just had my car insurance renewal through from LV (liverpool victoria) at £205.61, i thought that was a bit expensive so i phoned up and said as much, the requoeted me as a new customer now paying £133.34 the only difference is i do not have fully comp european cover as standard.
    EASY PEASY

Easypeasy
    Well done
    I just wonder if you could have gone as a new customer online and got the cashback too.I know some companies can block this as their sysytems know you are already with them.I'm thinking £133.34 less the £45 (paid in a few weeks).Of course you may even get an online discount
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-sites-comparison/Liverpool+Victoria+Motor+Insurance#content
  • We are with Direct Line and received our renewal notice which had gone up due to an accident.

Used a comparison site and got a quote from Swinton for £100 less. Phoned Direct Line and said we really wanted to stay with them, could they match the Swinton quote. They did :j
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Got my renewal notice through from CIS, tried the comparison sites, and then ran the cheapest through the cashback sites I'm with.
    Ended-up renewing with CIS, through topcashback, Got £70 back, saved £8 over the best price with cashback on the lowest comparison site quote.

Will be doing the same with my contents insurance
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    just got DH insurance sorted renewal was £243 went through QUIDCO to Swinton was quoted £210 got £40 from quidco and another £40 [in 90 days ] from swinton.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure