Clingy Moggy!!

Options
Our girly is now 15 and over the last couple of weeks has turned into a complete nightmare at home!! Neither myself nor DH can go anywhere in the house without her following us around and it only takes for one of us to be sat on the sofa for milliseconds and she's straight onto laps for fussing, which lovely as it is to be wanted can get a bit tiresome at times! :cool:

Madam is also better than contraception as she likes to sleep on DH's chest and then when he turns over she gets in between us on the bed! :o

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas really on trying to make her a little less clingy - we've had her for 8 years (she was rescue) so I don't think another animal as company will work, she's too used to having us to herself and also she's not getting any younger so another animal might spin her out a bit.....

She's gone off going out in the garden so much as well - I read somwehere that this could be a sign of early dementia, I thought she was batty enough as it is :D:p bless her.......!!!

JM xxx
Proud to be dealing with my debts :T DFW Nerd: 241

Comments

• Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    It could be yes, she is very old so maybe she is near to her last days, cats can get clingy like that. Our old cat was like that a few weeks before she went missing for good when she was 16 years old. I'm aware that cats can go missing and wander of to die. I know it's not what you want to hear and it may not be the case but please get her checked out at your vet just in case something is up.
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd second Kimberley!

My old cats only ever got clingy when they were brewing an illness......and I know exactly how annoying it is.....my "fat cat" used to try and sit on your shoulders if you put her off your lap.
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    She's an old lady, may be she's feeling the cold more and wants to cuddle in. Is she losing weight or condition, does she call out in the night, is she still eating OK, have her toiletting habits changed.....best to ask vet to have a look at her.
  • justmarried06
    Options
    sandy2 wrote: »
    She's an old lady, may be she's feeling the cold more and wants to cuddle in. Is she losing weight or condition, does she call out in the night, is she still eating OK, have her toiletting habits changed.....best to ask vet to have a look at her.

Thanks for the replies so far - she seems absolutely fine other than wanting cuddles all the time - she's still eating well (she has Hills TD cos of her age to keep her teeth ok) and other than the fact she's a bit quicker in and out to go to the loo cos of the cold she's still going same amount as she was, her condition is fab, definitely not dehydrated and not losing any weight....

She's due for her jabs in a week or so, so will ask the vet to check her over then. She had a geriatric profile done this time last year as she was being sick a lot but the tests came back fine and the vet said she was basically just a greedy piglet eating her food too quick!!!!!

JM xxx
    Proud to be dealing with my debts :T DFW Nerd: 241
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family