Wireless Network Adaptor Problems - HEEELLP

Options
Having an issue which is driving me nuts here!

Over the weekend I did a clean install of Vista Home Premium on a Compal JFT00 notebook. Install went off with no problems.

I loaded all the drivers on from the supplier's CD however there seems to be a problem with the wireless network adaptor. Despite being installed from the CD, it's missing from the network adaptor area in the device manager. I've used the Intel wireless diagnostic tool and it fails on the hardware test with a message that 'Driver version does not support Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless...'

I had a search for newer driver versions than those on the supplier's CD and found new ones here for the JFT00. Downloaded those and installed with no joy.

Anyone got any ideas please? :(
“Don't do it! Stay away from your potential. You'll mess it up, it's potential, leave it. Anyway, it's like your bank balance - you always have a lot less than you think.”
Dylan Moran

Comments

• DatabaseError
    Options
    couple of things...
    on the site you linked to...did you click vista32/64 to get to the vista driver page?

the vista drivers seem to have 3 files, 1st 2 are working links, the 3rd is borked, have you installed each of the 2 files? delete the w/lan (and any unknown devices) from CP>>devices and reboot.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Welshwoofs
    Welshwoofs Posts: 11,146 Forumite
    Options
    couple of things...
    on the site you linked to...did you click vista32/64 to get to the vista driver page?

the vista drivers seem to have 3 files, 1st 2 are working links, the 3rd is borked, have you installed each of the 2 files? delete the w/lan (and any unknown devices) from CP>>devices and reboot.

Hey there :-)

I pulled the drivers off the vista 32/64 link and installed the first two (Intel & Atheros). Under network adaptors in device manager I've got the following showing:

- Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    - Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
    - Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ethernet Controller
    - isatap.!!2BAF71BD-C0B0-4C43-A7C5-BF8986172DB5}
    - isatap.{F973AD02-C5GB-4468-8229-56593566987E}
    - WAN Miniport (IP)
    - WAN Miniport (IPv6)
    - WAN Miniport (L2TP)
    - WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
    - WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
    - WAN Miniport (PPTP)
    - WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Everything below the generic marvell yukon appear to be MS adaptors
    “Don't do it! Stay away from your potential. You'll mess it up, it's potential, leave it. Anyway, it's like your bank balance - you always have a lot less than you think.”
    Dylan Moran
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    the "isatap.!!2BAF71BD-C0B0-4C43-A7C5-BF8986172DB5}" looks a bit odd, to me. the marvell is ethernet (wired) so not the issue, delete the 2 odd entries and reboot
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Welshwoofs
    Welshwoofs Posts: 11,146 Forumite
    Options
    the "isatap.!!2BAF71BD-C0B0-4C43-A7C5-BF8986172DB5}" looks a bit odd, to me. the marvell is ethernet (wired) so not the issue, delete the 2 odd entries and reboot

Odd - I deleted those two isatap entries, rebooted and they were back again!

I'm also getting a message to install drivers for a new ethernet controller found. Whacked in the supplier's CD to see if it grabbed anything...with no joy. The Marvell Yukon ethernet adaptor is still in the device manager and enabled though I also seem to have an ethernet controller listed under 'Other Devices' which says it's not configured properly (code 1). I've clicked on 'reinstall driver' and had it search both the supplier's CD and Vista Home Premium but it's not finding anything.
    Dylan Moran
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport