Hewlett Packard Printer

Options
Having some issue with a printer that I purchased this week.

HP Photosmart C4599

Have installed fully with the supplied disc and in addition checked for updated drivers on the HP website.

The printer will print word/pdf files from my documents. Is selective over images that it will print from my documents.

With regard to trying to print web pages, the printer will spool paper in and the 'operating' light will flash and after approximately 4-5 minutes it will push the paper through with a strip of (the top-) half text across the top of the page...

Any hints or advice?

Am running on XP and with Norton (have checked settings of firewall and 'allowed' any connections that appear printer or HP related...

TIA :D
"Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.

Comments

• Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have installed both by following the rule of no-connection until prompted and also uninstalled everything and connected so that Windows can detect it itself.

Now, printing the 'top' 3cm of a document then pushing the paper through.... :mad:
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure