Please Help!! Advice Needed

Options
Hi,
well i but an item off ebay, gloves and paid £12 for them. The seller had 2463 feedback score, and was 100% postive. Well i paid for the item, on the 23rd december using paypal and still the item has not arrived. I predited it should take 4 days max. But nothing. I have email the seller but her not replaying!

What do i do please????
Thank you!

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You do realise that there has been Christmas Day, Boxing Day and a Sunday within that time don't you?

I'd give it a few more days.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well you predicted wrong.

The post is still catching up with the madness of Christmas, and items can take a lot longer to deliver at this time of year. The seller may not be replying because he/she is still away for Christmas holidays. Give it another week and then come back, but in the mean time stop being so damned impatient!
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seller ha suntil today to despatch, then allowing for the post and the bank holiday on the 1st I would estimate item should be with you by the weekend. If you don't get it by say Saturday then try emailing again and if that fails consider opening a dispute the following week.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lcharm
    lcharm Posts: 633 Forumite
    Options
    If you've not recieved it by the 5th i'd take it to a dispute where all your contact is then recorded and used as evidence and if not they don;t reply after a certain period then you'll get your Paypal payment back.
    But yes, Xmas period is manic so 4days is a bit ambitious!!
    Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
    - Thomas Dewar
  • mu7861
    mu7861 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Seller ha suntil today to despatch, then allowing for the post and the bank holiday on the 1st I would estimate item should be with you by the weekend. If you don't get it by say Saturday then try emailing again and if that fails consider opening a dispute the following week.

Ok i give it a few more days...
    But how would i open a dispute if it comes to that???
    Thank you
  • lcharm
    Options
    Reprt the item not recieved and it should take you to the resolution center where you start everything

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/using-dispute-console.html
    - Thomas Dewar
  • ArmitageShanks
    Options
    You do realise only 3 working days have elapsed? Do you know what the shipping method was? If it is 2nd class that can often take over a week, combined with the xmas backlog and reduced staffing levels.

Have patience. At least another 1 and half.
  • baffcat
    baffcat Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mu7861 wrote: »
    I paid for the item, on the 23rd december using paypal and still the item has not arrived. I predited it should take 4 days max. But nothing. I have email the seller but her not replaying!

This is a wind-up, isn't it? TSFE is one thing, but TSG (generally) is another.
    Exclamation and question marks - ONE exclamation mark or question mark is sufficient to exclaim or ask about something. More than one just makes you look/sound like a prat.
    Should OF, would OF
    . Dear oh dear. You really should have, or should've listened at school when that nice English teacher was explaining how words get abbreviated.
  • lcharm
    Options
    baffcat wrote: »
    This is a wind-up, isn't it? TSFE is one thing, but TSG (generally) is another.

That's a pretty nasty comment IMHO. You can't expect every person to know what you know. That's why this forum is here in the first place.
    - Thomas Dewar
  • milliemonster
    Options
    I don't think you have anything to worry about with the feedback of this seller, but please give them chance! it was only 7 days ago and during that time the we have had 2 bank holidays and a sunday and the post is still slow, the seller may have been away for the week and not even know you have purchased the item yet, I would give it at least a week and a few more emails before you go down the opening a dispute line.
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport