🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bank of Scotland CC

Options
Hi there

Just a quick question. I have a Halifax All in One Credit Card and the 0% deal comes to an end in 2 months. Will I get declined if I apply for the Bank of Scotland All in One Card as its the same parent company?

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    Applying for more than one card from the same stable is frowned on by some lenders, as I think you realise, although HBOS (which includes Halifax and Bank of Scotland) doesn't seem to mind. You can certainly hold two Hally and BoS cards provided that they're not of the same type, say 1 All in One, 1 charity card for instance, rather than 2 All in One cards.

That said, you would not be able to transfer balances between the two.

Also, if you apply for more than one credit card from the same lender, the credit limit(s) on each subsequent card may be reduced to take account of the credit already available on the older card(s).
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • bargain_hunter25
    Options
    Moggles wrote: »
    Applying for more than one card from the same stable is frowned on by some lenders, as I think you realise, although HBOS (which includes Halifax and Bank of Scotland) doesn't seem to mind. You can certainly hold two Hally and BoS cards provided that they're not of the same type, say 1 All in One, 1 charity card for instance, rather than 2 All in One cards.

That said, you would not be able to transfer balances between the two.

Also, if you apply for more than one credit card from the same lender, the credit limit(s) on each subsequent card may be reduced to take account of the credit already available on the older card(s).

Well i've just applied for the BOS All In One CC, the application went fine. Will have to wait and see until I get the details to sign in the post. If it does come through i'll cancel the Halifax one as its no good anymore... :-)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well i've just applied for the BOS All In One CC, the application went fine. Will have to wait and see until I get the details to sign in the post. If it does come through i'll cancel the Halifax one as its no good anymore... :-)
    I assume you're wanting to use it for purchases (or a BT from another card), and not to BT your existing Halifax balance?
  • bargain_hunter25
    Options
    I assume you're wanting to use it for purchases (or a BT from another card), and not to BT your existing Halifax balance?

Hi

Its just for purchases yes so I think I should be ok. My Halifax card has been paid off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport