Yet another "Slamming" but against TalkTalk

Options
Have read several reports on TalkTalk regarding Slamming but this time someone has slamed TalkTalk. There are no problems with my incoming calls and no problem with broadband, but my outgoing calls that need an area code or numbers starting with a "0" respond with the message "This service is not registered on this line, contact your service provider". I contacted TalkTalk, 25 minutes later after being toss from one person to another I was told that my service had been cancelled because of another supplier taking over my number, I have not been in touch with any other supplier or given details to anyone else. Were do I go from here????????, any advice would be welcome. Naslaw.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome to the MSE forums naslaw.

Try this - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/landline/slamming/?itemid=285618
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi naslaw,

can you please register at https://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums and I'll be able to take a look into this for you. I can't really offer specific advise via an external forum but it sounds as if a service is missing from your account called IDA. If this is the case you will not have been slammed but you will have a fault on your line that we should be able to rectify quickly for you. If the account has been slammed away from TalkTalk then we can start taking steps to get it back if needed. Its difficult to advise properly without an account to look into.

Cheers
    EmmaL x
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure