Make £100?

Options
I need to make £100 to see me through the month otherwise I really will starve. I have had an interview today for a part time job but I wouldn;t be paid till last Friday in January if I did get the job.
Money money money.

Debt
Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55

Comments

• spooky25
    spooky25 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    hi

I can understand where you are coming from when you say that you need to make money fast.

If you need money fast then I would suggest a crisis loan from dwp , as you may be able to get a loan from them to get food to stop you from starving this is all dependant on your circumstances but the worst they can say is no.

if that fails try every agency you can to start making money some pay a week in arears this may give you some time in waiting from a response from the job you have applied for.
    you may find you only get a day or two out of an agency per job but that would help towards your target.

I hope this helps as nobody in this country should starve

all the best in your search for work

spooky25
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Options
    What about bar work? Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion - I just thought they might be happy to take on part time temporary staff and would probably pay weekly???
  • markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what about medical trials? you get £100-£150 a day.
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • lcharm
    lcharm Posts: 633 Forumite
    Options
    markelock wrote: »
    what about medical trials? you get £100-£150 a day.

And liver failure/a growth/dementia:rotfl:

I saw this student on Working Lunch who said there is somehting called "skipping" Supermarkets liek asda etc... throw out food which they can't sell on a daily basis (operative statement "can't sell" NOT out of date).

As long the the store doesn't lock their gates at night you are free to go in and take what you want for free. Although this doesn't really apeal to me if they showed it on BBC's Working Lunch then it must be fine to do.
    Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.
    - Thomas Dewar
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I've been too vague!
    I do have a job, full time, am moving to a new flat beginning of jan and after paying for all that and furniture I have nothing left.

I've applied for a part time job in the shop beneath the flat, its just because of the way the payday fell (19th) and stuff I've gotten all in a muddle. So I will have zilch left!
    Money money money.

Debt

• boombap
    boombap Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    You could ask the shop keeper if they'll consider paying you in advance - as you will be living above the shop they know where you live if you didn't show up to work!

S.
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Options
    Can't you put off buying the furniture then? Or... I hardly dare even suggest this... if it's just a one off problem do you have a credit card to see you through the month? Or an overdraft?
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    Options
    Is there something you have bought for your flat that you can take back? A piece of furniture/cooker/fridge anything that you can manage without for 2 weeks. I know its not ideal but you could re-buy it when you get paid.
    Bar work is a great idea, you could make a few quid over new year.
    Borrow of family/friends/neighbour (you have probably thought of that)
    Sell something on ebay, put it on for 24 hours, and you should have some cash within the week.
    £100 - £10,000
  • markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lcharm wrote: »
    And liver failure/a growth/dementia:rotfl:

I saw this student on Working Lunch who said there is somehting called "skipping" Supermarkets liek asda etc... throw out food which they can't sell on a daily basis (operative statement "can't sell" NOT out of date).

As long the the store doesn't lock their gates at night you are free to go in and take what you want for free. Although this doesn't really apeal to me if they showed it on BBC's Working Lunch then it must be fine to do.

I knew there was a reason I've not dialled the number yet;)

it's called freeganism. basically !!!!!!!!!!s who don't understand capitalism, and the fact that supermarkets only exist because people pay them money for food. so if we all just wait for the stuff that gets thrown out, pretty soon jimmy shopowner closes down.

(not that I agree with wasting food of course)
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    I'm at the limit with all my sources and its not a case of putting off buying furniture... I have to have something to sleep on, I've not bought much. Just a bed and something to sit on. Its really hard because of Woolworths closing here allthe jobs seem to be going to those who need them most. Which is okay because I don't want people to starve either
    Money money money.

Debt

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business