We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Repayment of accidental overpayment
belfastmark
Posts: 3 Newbie
in Credit cards
Ok, so I made a mistake - when making a payment from my on-line bank account, I accidentally made it to my Amex card rather than another one and didnt realise until a week later when the Amex SMS arrived showing the receipt.
The net effect is a £2000 credit balance on my Amex whilst I need that amount back to cover my other payments. I contacted Amex and they tell me they need a fax (!) of the relevant bank statement showing the money leaving myt account and it will then take 14-15 working days to refund. Crazy? Any advice on my rights here?
The net effect is a £2000 credit balance on my Amex whilst I need that amount back to cover my other payments. I contacted Amex and they tell me they need a fax (!) of the relevant bank statement showing the money leaving myt account and it will then take 14-15 working days to refund. Crazy? Any advice on my rights here?
0
Comments
-
I'm afraid you'll have to comply with whatever AML procedures and timescales they have.
Get the requested details sent ASAP and politely ask for a BACS refund, rather than a cheque, because that'll get you cleared funds faster.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards